Beginners Cookie Class
Sweet treat beginner cookie decorating class
$240.00 (inc. Lunch, snacks and drinks)
10am to 3pm (5 hours)
Recipe book inc
Learn how to create beautiful royal icing cookies in our beginner friendly class located in our kitchen at McKinnon. This class is suitable for those who have little or no experience decorating cookies with royal icing.
We will share with you baking tips and tricks and making royal icing from scratch. We will then take you through the step by step process to create the cookies pictured. You will enjoy a fun day learning and decorating and you will take home a box of 8-10 finished cookies to wow your family and friends.
In the event of cancellation due to Covid related restrictions a full refund will be provided.
LOCATION: 256 Mckinnon Road, Mckinnon
What you will learn:
- Baking techniques (reducing spreading/even thickness/perfect shapes)
- Making, flavouring and colouring royal icing
- Consistencies for different purposes
- Working with multiple colours and stages on the one design
- Wet on wet techniques
- Adding sprinkles and painting for extra effect
- Drying and storing your cookies for maximising shelf life
- Adapting recipes for allergies
Included in all classes is a recipe booklet with tips and tricks as well as a clear lidded box to take home your beautifully finished cookies. All tools and equipment and an apron are provided to use during the class. There is no need to bring anything!
There is all day parking in the area on the side streets.
Please note there are no refunds for booked classes. Cancellations within 3 days forfeit the booking.